PRM of Mitochondrial Proteomics
Creative Biogene provides mitochondrion targeted proteomic analysis technology through PRM targeted quantitative analysis.
Parallel reaction monitoring (PRM) technology uses high resolution and high precision mass spectrometry to target and quantify sample protein according to known or hypothetical information from the mass spectrometry detection law. It can selectively detect and accurately quantify the target protein/peptide.
The Q Exactive series mass spectrometer is the main instrument in the PRM technology. Firstly, the quadrupole of high resolution and high precision mass spectrometry (such as Orbitrap series) is used as the mass filter to specifically select the peptide ion (Precursorion) which is the same as the preset mass charge ratio, and then break up the parent ion in the high energy collision cell. The secondary mass spectrometry information of the peptide is then obtained by analyzing the fragment ion (Fragment ions) by the secondary mass spectrometry Orbitrap, and the specificity analysis of the target protein/peptide in the complex sample is accomplished. The combination of quadrupole high selective ion filtration and Orbitrap high-resolution measurement technology makes PRM technology highly specific, effectively reduces background noise, removes interference ions, and improves sensitivity.
Figure 1. Schematic diagram of the principle of PRM.
Compared with traditional MRM/SRM, PRM has better anti-jamming ability and detection sensitivity in complex background.
- To obtain the known sequence information of interesting proteins and select suitable targeted peptides (more than 3 different peptides are recommended) the peptide information is recommended to be obtained from the shotgun experiment, and the peptides can also be selected from the theoretical sequence, but additional pre-experimental verification is needed. If there is shotgun identification information, try to choose the target peptide with high score and intensity.
- The peptide mixture of the sample can be enriched in advance according to the abundance of the targeted protein (specific process and shotgun test), but the targeted monitoring sample is not recommended for a fraction.
- According to the information of the selected targeted peptides, pre-experiments are carried out, the outflow time is adjusted, or the targeted peptides are re-selected.
- The official samples were monitored by PRM.
- Data analysis.
Creative Biogene always provides you with customized services for mitochondrial research, and our one-stop research and analysis platform can meet all your research needs.
- The sensitivity, reproducibility, and accuracy are high, and the quantitative range can reach 5 orders of magnitude.
- There is no need to use antibodies to obtain more accurate and reproducible quantitative verification results.
- The quantitative detection of 50 proteins can be realized in one hour.
- All secondary ions can be detected directly, which reduces the selection and optimization process of sub-ions.
- Rich experience in mitochondrial targeted proteome research
- Outstanding research team
- Unique integrated service for mitochondrial research
- Reliable data and results
- Rapid turnaround and cost-effective
Creative Biogene has the most professional team to serve customers around the world. If you have any questions about the content of this service, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to your contact.
- Elena M.G., et al. “ Targeted proteomics identifies proteomic signatures in liquid biopsies of the endometrium to diagnose endometrial cancer and assist in the prediction of the optimal surgical treatment. ” Clinical Cancer Research, 2017, 23(21): 6458-6467.
For Research Use Only. Not For Clinical Use Or Individual Users.